Frequently Asked questions
Who is responsible for set up and take down?
– All groups are responsible for their own set up, take down and basic clean up of the rented space. Set up and clean up of community centre tables, chairs and audio/visual equipment can be arranged for an additional cost of $50 + tax/event day.
Is there parking?
– We offer a large, free parking lot.
How far in advance can I book?
– We accepting bookings that occur during our regular hours of operation up to three months in advance, and accept after hours bookings up to one year in advance.
What equipment can be provided?
– Based on availability and the room reserved, we can provide at no additional cost:
Furniture: 60″ round tables, 6 ft x 2.5 ft tables, chairs
Audio/visual: screen, portable sound system with wireless microphone, 42″ flat panel television
Other: podium, flip charts, coffee/hot water urns, sports equipment for gym rentals.
When can I gain room access on the day of the event?
– You can gain access at the start time on your permit. When booking, your reservation must include set up and clean up times.
Can we bring our own caterer?
– Catering and food services are welcome; however, no cooking of food is permitted on site. The facility has a small kitchen that is shared by all users, but may be reserved for exclusive use. The kitchen is suitable for warming, preparing and staging food service.
Is there a not-for-profit rate?
– Events that are booked by a registered Provincial or Federal non-profit society are eligible for a 25% discount on the posted rental rates.
When do I get my damage deposit back?
– Deposits will be refunded less any outstanding charges within thirty (30) days of the end of the rental.
Can alcohol be served at our event?
– Alcohol can be served at your event if a special occasion license is obtained from the Liquor Licensing Branch of BC. A copy of your approved license must be provided to the centre and be displayed at the event.