Upcoming Special Events
Be sure to check out this page or our brochure for details on upcoming special events! Would you like to volunteer for one of these events? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you are interested!
Rapture Volume 2 – Fundraiser Event
Location: Bonsor Recreation Complex (6550 Bonsor Ave, Burnaby)
Sat | 5:00 PM-9:00 PM | Feb 18 | $7 Entry Fee
Our break dance instructor, Jhaymee Hizon, will be hosting an event on February 18th at Bonsor Recreation Complex in Burnaby. Show your support and check out his event! Event Details:
The Ultimate Thronemaster Qualifier 1v1 (breaking STUDENTS only!!!)
- only 1 competitor per studio allowed. (teachers choose your top student)
- competitors must be 18 and under (entrants must go to a dance studio to enter this battle!!!!!)
- winner automatically advances to main event (Rapture Volume 2, date TBA)
- $50 plus prizes to the winner
7-to-smoke (open to ALL bboys and bgirls)
- the top 7 bboys/bgirls killing it in the “Cypher” will be selected to battle it out to be crowned, King/Queen of the Hill. So get your cypher game on point!!!
- $100 plus prizes to the winner
7-to-smoke all styles edition – (open to all styles of street dance : Anyone can enter this category)
- the top 7 dancers (any style) killing it in the “Cypher” will be selected to battle it out to be crowned, King/Queen of the Hill. So get your cypher game on point!
- bboys and bgirls cannot enter this battle
- $100 plus prizes to the winner
Let’s make this jam more about the “party and “cypher””. All dancers welcome. Lots of different styles of music will be played. Come get down with us!
Dj’s – Relik, Eloquence, Twist, Hao 2
Music on the Bow
Bring your friends and family to enjoy some good music with some good people. Each month, Trout Lake Community Centre is hosting Music on the Bow that features local artists. The event is free of charge and front row seats are available!
- Chris Ronald Folk Singer – Tuesday, January 17 – 7:00PM to 9:00PM
- Riosamaya – Thursday, February 2 – 7:00PM to 8:00PM
- The Soda Crackers – Wednesdays, January 25, February 15, March 15 – 7:00PM to 9:00PM
- Thursday Night Jazz Trio – Thursdays, January 12, February 9, March 9 – 7:00PM to 9:00PM
Trout Lake Photo Contest 2017
Theme: Sports In The Park or at the Centre
Prizes are a $50 gift certificate to community centre programs for each of the top 4 winners. Cards will be produced with the winning designs and photos will be displayed in the centre as well as in the community centre brochure.
- Formats for submission – submit by email in j-peg mail format to email@example.com.
- Prizes – $50 gift certificate for community centre programs for each of the top 4 winners and a package of the photo cards.
- Selection will be by a local photographer and Grandview Community Centre Association board members.
- Permissions – winners will be asked to sign a rights agreement allowing for use of the image for the photo cards which may be sold by the centre, and for in centre use and display. Any other use will be negotiated.
- Winners will be announced at an event in the late Fall 2017
- Please have a waiver consent form of the person you photographed approving the photo
For more information on special events, please click here.