Upcoming Special Events
Be sure to check out this page or our brochure for details on upcoming special events! Would you like to volunteer for one of these events? Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know that you are interested!
Music on the Bow
A favourite event for many! Bring your friends and family to enjoy some good music with some good people. Each month, Trout Lake Community Centre is hosting Music on the Bow that features local artists. This is a great way to wind down for the evening. The event is free of charge and front row seats are available! These free performances would be possible without the generosity of the Grandview Community Centre Association.
- Thursday Night Jazz Trio – July 13, August 10 – 7:00PM to 9:00PM
Movie in the Park – July 14
Save the date, more details to come!
Families with young children and grand-friends in our community are invited to meet and make music together. Come dance and sing together and let’s pass the tradition of music making on to the next generation. Parent participation required. A low cost program thanks to funding from Grandview Community Centre Association. Please pre-register.
Sat | 10:30 AM-11:45 AM | Jul 22, Aug 13 | $1 per person/1 session
Music with Marnie
A free outdoor concert for FREE! It ’s impossible not to get up and boogie during a Music with Marnie Show. The moment the music starts, your children will be dancing and singing along. Get ready to jump in puddles and swing like monkeys on your feet and boogieing to the beat. Please pre-register. Funded by the GCCA.
Mon | 11:00 AM-11:45 PM | Jul 24 | FREE
Fitness & Dance in the Park
Enjoy fitness and fresh air in the park! Classes are held outside at the east-side of the centre. On Rainy Days, classes will be held in the Cedar Hall Dance Studio or Grandview Room. Please pre-register as space is limited. Program cost: $1/person. It’s no typo, it’s really $1/person. Low cost programs thanks to funding from Grandview Community Centre Association!
Classes are from 6:30pm to 7:30pm, find the course description for each class on page 32 of our brochure!
- TUE – Yoga in the Park: Parent and Child. July 4, 11, 18, 25
- TUE – Dance in the Park: Parent and Child. August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- THU – Fitness in the Park: Dance Class. July 6, August 3
- THU – Fitness in the Park: Method of Modern Movement. July 13, 27, August 10
- THU – Fitness in the Park: Line Dancing. July 20, August 17
- THU – Fitness in the Park: Capoeria All Ages. August 24, 31
Summer Concert Series
Bring the family or your friends and join us Wednesday evenings for FREE live music at Trout Lake Community Centre Outdoor Performance area (east side of Centre). There will be a BBQ, Carousel Cafe and a kid’s art station. There will be a new artist performing Every Wednesday from July to August between 6:30pm to 8:30pm. The event will run rain or shine, but rained out concerts will be held in the Grandview Room.
- July 5 – Santury All Starts
- July 12 – Deanna Knight & the Hot Club of Mars
- July 19 – Soda Crackers
- July 26 – Wheat in the Barley
- August 2 – Damasco Soul System
- August 9 – Rio Samaya Band
- August 16 – Silk Road
- August 23 – Sweet Pan
- August 30 – Checo Tohomaso
Mini Arts Events
Join us for a series of Mini Art Events every Wednesday from July 19 to August 30. Dress for the weather and join us outside between 10:00am to 12:00pm at the north side of the centre for fun craft activities. Only $2 per person, all supplies are included. Please pre-register as space is limited. The low costs of these events is thanks to the funding received from our Grandview Community Centre Association.
- July 19 – Curiosity Cabinet Collections
- July 26 – Nature Art
- August 2 – Tiny Homes for Fairies and Gnomes
- August 9 – Star Crown
- August 16 – Weaving Madness
- August 23 – Latern Making
- August 30 – Latern Making
Vines Art Festival
Vines Art Festival is committed to capturing the imaginations of new audiences and inserting creativity into Vancouver’s everyday public spaces. The festival is a free public event that creates platforms for local artists and performers to create with and on the land, steering their creative impulses toward work that focuses on the environment.
Sat | 1:00 PM-7:00 PM | Aug 19 | FREE
Lantern Procession Around the Lake Celebration
Join us for the final Summer Concert on Wednesday August 30 at 6pm which will be followed by the Lantern procession. Create a lantern that evening at the Lantern Station (from 6:00-8:15) or bring your own from home and follow musicians and magical performers around the lake! FREE event but please pre-register #112692
Wed | 8:30 PM-9:00 PM | Aug 30 | FREE
Trout Lake Photo Contest 2017
Theme: Sports In The Park or at the Centre
Prizes are a $50 gift certificate to community centre programs for each of the top 4 winners. Cards will be produced with the winning designs and photos will be displayed in the centre as well as in the community centre brochure.
- Formats for submission – submit by email in j-peg mail format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prizes – $50 gift certificate for community centre programs for each of the top 4 winners and a package of the photo cards.
- Selection will be by a local photographer and Grandview Community Centre Association board members.
- Permissions – winners will be asked to sign a rights agreement allowing for use of the image for the photo cards which may be sold by the centre, and for in centre use and display. Any other use will be negotiated.
- Winners will be announced at an event in the late Fall 2017
- Please have a waiver consent form of the person you photographed approving the photo
For more information on special events, please click here.