Updated info on proof of COVID-19 vaccination
As more detail has emerged, here’s a brief overview of which Trout Lake programs/services (and for what age ranges) require proof of COVID-19 vaccination + photo ID. Please visit the City of Vancouver’s website for and the Provincial Vaccine Card page for fuller details.
Community Centre programs that include physical activity (verification at door of program room)
- Participants 22+ years old DO need proof of vaccination AND valid government photo ID only IF the program includes physical activity
- But children and youth DO NOT
Fitness Centre (verification at front desk)
Aged 22+ DO need proof of vaccination AND government photo ID
Rink (verification at front desk)
- Aged 22+ doing sports (e.g., Public Hockey, Figure Skating & Sledge Hockey) DO need proof of vaccination and government photo ID
- But children and youth DO NOT
AND some adult Rink activities are exempt:
- Public skating (including 50 & Better Skating)
- Skating lessons
- Public programming that is not considered an ice sport (i.e., Stick & Puck)
All people aged 12+ attending an indoor organized event with 50 or more people DO need to show proof of vaccination (+ID for adults). For example, wedding receptions, organized parties, conferences and workshops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you checking participants’ documents?
- At the front desk — staff are verifying your documents for Fitness Center access and Arena programming.
- At your program room’s door — Centre staff will be meeting participants in Community Centre Programs at the door of the room in which your program takes place.
What are accepted forms for vaccination proof? (Until September 23)
- Printed immunization record from Health Gateway
- Immunization record from your pharmacy (AstraZeneca/SII COVISHIELD)
- Provincial Immunization Registry record (used by Interior Health and others)
- ImmunizeBC record (used by First Nations Health Authority and others)
- National Defence Canada COVID-19 vaccine record or card
- Health authority immunization records (e.g., Fraser Health, Vancouver Coastal Health, Northern Health)
How many doses do I need to have?
- From September 13th to Oct 23rd – patrons only have to show proof of a single dose
- Starting Oct 24th – patrons must show proof of being fully vaccinated
Can a parent drop off a child?
Parents/Guardians who are accompanying their children accessing Youth and Children activities, programs and services will not be required to show Proof of Vaccination and Government Photo ID
Are only vaccinated people allowed in the building?
NO – the public can come in, use the washrooms, ask questions at the front desk. It is only at the program entry point that we will ask to see passports. (For the Fitness Center and Rink, this is at the front desk.)
I have not had a vaccine, can I have a refund?
A full refund will be provided for any patron that cannot produce proof of vaccine.
Please be kind to staff. Proof of vaccination is a legal requirement. Those who have objections are requested to please remember that it is not our decision, but we are mandated by the PHO to verify vaccination status of participants as laid out above.
How to get a Vaccine Card: Online at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html or call to request a paper copy seven days a week from 7 AM to 7 PM – 1-833-838-2323