Community volunteers contribute so much, they really are the heart of Trout Lake Community Centre!
Volunteers also make wonderful local connections by:
- joining our Board of Directors and Committees
- assisting at our amazing family and cultural events
- joining the Youth Council
Check out these tabs and links and come join us soon! Be part of what is so good in this neighbourhood!
The Trout Lake Community Centre Association (TLCCA/the Association) advocates for this neighbourhood on a number of levels and your voice helps us better represent the community!
The Board consists of a maximum of 17 directors elected by members of the TLCCA at our annual general meeting in late November.
Find out more about the Association and Board of Directors in the About menu, but here are a few FAQs.
What is TLCCA?
- A charity that jointly operates the programs and events of the Trout Lake Community Centre in partnership with the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation.
- Led by elected, unpaid community volunteers since 1956!
- Community Centre users become members upon program registration.
- Operator of the Trout Lake Preschool, recognized by the Province in 2018 for “40 years of outstanding child care service”.
What are TLCCA’s responsibilities?
- Shaping programming via volunteer Committees so that it reflects local interests and needs
- Employing program instructors
- Overseeing program revenue
Setting operational and capital budgets
- Playing a stewardship role for local parks
What does it take to be a director?
- Directors serve a term of two years and meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of every month.
- Directors also play important roles on the centre’s committees, which guide the work of the centre!
Who is eligible to be a director?
- Any member in good standing who is qualified to act as a director as set out in section 44 of the Societies Act of British Columbia
How are potential directors nominated?
- Names of nominees that are submitted in writing to our Senior Board Administrator ([email protected]) before the AGM are made available to the members at the AGM. Eligible members may be nominated by a member at an AGM.