Facility closure notice March 16
As the COVID-19 pandemic impacts communities across Canada and the globe, precautionary measures are being implemented at our much loved Trout Lake Community Centre. The health and well-being of Centre patrons, partners, and employees is our top priority.
As per City of Vancouver directives, which form part of a proactive approach, the following actions are being taken:
- The Trout Lake Community Center is closing immediately, today Monday, March 16th, including programs, café, pottery studio, rink, and the fitness facility.
- We will continue to run spring break day camps (including Chess Camp, French Camp) through to the end of the week (Friday, March 20th).
- We will continue to run Youth In Action programs through to the end of the week (Friday, March 20th).
- We will be continuing with enhanced cleaning protocols to mitigate the risk of exposure for children.
- Parents who withdraw their children will be issued a refund.
The decision to keep spring break camps and Youth In Action programs running this week is to provide families time to plan for alternative care supports for their children.
No registrations for any ongoing or future programs will be accepted at this time.
Updates will be made as soon as possible regarding the impact of this closure on future programs.
As the situation evolves, the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation and Trout Lake Community Centre Association will respond to national, provincial, and municipal recommendations. Please refer to Vancouver Coastal Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control for the most up to date information.
We know that this notice may create more questions than it answers. Please know that the Centre’s operations team and Association staff are working, and will continue to work, diligently with Park Board management and the Trout Lake Community Centre Association Board of Directors to respond to a changing situation and to plan forward.
President of the Board of Directors
Trout Lake Community Centre Association